Accessibility Statement for Sulhamstead and Ufton Nervet Parish Councils
This website is run by Sulhamstead Parish Council and Ufton Nervet Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
· change colours, contrast levels and fonts
· zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
· navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
· navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
· listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
· you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
· most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
· you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
· there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘Sulhamstead Parish Council’ page.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: The Parish clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, .
For Sulhamstead Parish Clerk, Elle Gibbons
Use the Sulhamstead website contact page, using this link
or email Elle Gibbons email@example.com
For Ufton Nervet Parish Clerk, Fiona Jones
Use the Ufton Nervet parish website contact page, using this link https://www.sulhamsteadcommunity.org.uk/ufton-nervet-parish-council/contact/
Or email Fiona Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Sulhamstead Parish council and Ufton Nervet parish council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- There may be pages with read more / click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)
- There may be some pages where HTML isn’t perfectly formed, such as stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
- Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 28th September 2020. It was last reviewed on 28th September 2020
To prepare for this statement:
We have increased the base text size of all text content on the site by 20%.
Increased the contrast on button colours as well as labelling and headings.
Provided an Alt Tag description or caption on every graphic and photo image on the site.
This website was last tested on 28th September 2020. The test was carried out using https://wave.webaim.org/ by the parish as recommended by the government website.